Monday, July 27, 2015

Book Review - The Darkest Frost, Volume One, By Tanya Holmes

So I have been doing some blog roaming.  I looked at other people's reviews and how they lay out.  They all seem so very professional, so I decided I would redo how I lay out the reviews a little bit.  I wanted things to seem a bit more like someone who knows what they are doing, even if I really never know what I am doing, lol.

That being said.......





BLURB:

When the ghost of her best friend begs for her help, psychic detective Denieve Knight goes undercover as a live-in domestic to catch a killer. She sets her sights on the most likely suspect: her friend’s mysterious employer, Doctor Braeden Frost.

Dubbed "Dr. Death" by the press, the notorious hematologist is linked to nineteen other suspicious fatalities—all are former patients. The brooding recluse is a man of many secrets, the darkest of which may be lurking beneath the leather gloves he never removes.

------------------------------


Book Title: The Darkest Frost, Volume One
Author: Tanya Holmes
Publishing Date: June 11, 2015
Page/Word Count: 83K

Pros: Great characters, engaging story
Cons: I hate but love the cliff hanger :)
Overall rating: Highly Recommended

Impressions: Great story flow and I was not able to put it down once I started reading it.  It left me wanting more, which means I am going to need that second volume, like yesterday. 

Review: Over all this book is a great book.  The characters are not the stiff, cold types.  You can love them, hate them, and can relate to them at times.  This book kept me engaged the whole time.  I just couldn't put the book down, or rather the Kindle.  I had to know what would happen next.

I knew we were going to be left with a cliff hanger.  I will be honest, I love them because I always get more of my favorite characters from the authors when they do that to us.  I just hope that I don't have to wait long for the next one.  I was left with the whole "WHAT!!! NO!!!!" feeling because I just wasn't ready to let these characters go.

I can't touch on the story too much or I will give things away.  The book is well written though and the story doesn't skip around or leave you wondering what is going on.  You have enough information given to you that you aren't having to reread things to try and get what they are trying to say to you.  

I can say that when I was trying to figure out the big secret, I was left surprised that I was wrong with what I thought was going on. Trust me, you need to read this book!

Excerpt: 

Braeden tore away leaving me feeling cold, like the only leaf on a barren tree, a leaf left to tremble alone in the wind. He raked a hand through his hair while he paced the floor. He was tortured and scared, a man barely hanging on by a thread. 


Seconds dragged until he said thickly, “I don’t understand any of this.” 


“Because it makes no sense, right?” I snatched my barrette up with trembling hands and started fussing with my hair. “I’ve only known you a little over a month, yet it feels like a million years. And now I’m thinking—” 


“Don’t.” He stalked back over to me and grabbed my hands. “No more talking. No more thinking.” His voice was rough and desperate. “Because if I allow myself to ponder this insanity—to try and understand it…I swear, I’ll go mad.” He inhaled deeply and pressed his forehead to mine. “I knew you were trouble the moment I saw you in that window. God help me.”

Stars: 4 out of 5



Amazon Link: Buy it here
Goodreads Link: Clink here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment