Monday, July 6, 2015

Book Review - Runes, By Ednah Walters

So I didn't get much sleep last night, all because of a book.  I started reading and I couldn't stop until I was done.  It has been a while since I was kept up by a book.  Usually I can make myself sleep, but last night that was not happening.  Since that did happen, I decided that I needed to share the book with you all.

On with the show...





BLURB

Seventeen-year-old Raine Cooper has enough on her plate dealing with her father’s disappearance, her mother’s erratic behavior and the possibility of her boyfriend relocating. The last thing she needs is Torin St. James—a mysterious new neighbor with a wicked smile and uncanny way of reading her.

Raine is drawn to Torin’s dark sexiness against her better judgment, until he saves her life with weird marks and she realizes he is different. But by healing her, Torin changes something inside Raine. Now she can’t stop thinking about him. Half the time, she’s not sure whether to fall into his arms or run.

Scared, she sets out to find out what Torin is. But the closer she gets to the truth the more she uncovers something sinister about Torin. What Torin is goes back to an ancient mythology and Raine is somehow part of it. Not only are she and her friends in danger, she must choose a side, but the wrong choice will cost Raine her life.

------------------------------

Book Title: Runes

Author: Ednah Walters

So I got this book from Amazon for free.  I find some of the best books that way.  This was no exception.  I loved, loved, loved this book. It was a random pick for my before bed reading and it just so happens that once I started it I couldn't stop.  This book had me in it's grasp!

I loved the characters.  Raine was a bit annoying at times, but she was a teenager so it was to be expected.  If a teenager is not annoying you at some point, then there is something wrong. Raine was a well developed character though, and the pain she has already felt by the time the book starts is enough to make her more real.

The love triangle in this one is predictable, but that is not a bad thing.  I knew as soon as each male was introduced that we were going to see it happen.  I am not sure which guy I am rooting for either.  Both have their qualities.  I know that Raine has made up her mind already, but I think that she needs to keep an open mind.  I tend to go for the underdog types, and the best friend is the underdog in my opinion. 

The whole idea of this story is new, which is rare in the urban fantasy genre right now.  There are so many series popping up that it is hard to find something that is not like everything else.  This one is definitely different.  We all need something new and fresh in the genre.

Without giving away the ending, let me just say I was so upset that I had to turn off my Kindle.  I can't wait t get my hands on the next one.

Pros: Characters, Storyline, Idea

Cons: The ending killed me.

Overall rating: Highly, highly recommended!!





No comments:

Post a Comment