Friday, October 23, 2015

Book Tour - Romancing Brimstone, By Brit McGinnis - Character Interview




About the Book
Title: Romancing Brimstone
Author: Brit McGinnis
Genre: Supernatural Romance
Things aren't going well for Mika. Engaged to a man she doesn't love and facing a future she has no interest in, she's lost and alone. She's attending the funeral of the only person who ever truly understood her (in the company of her overbearing mother and fussy fiancé, no less!) when she meets the man who will change her life forever.

Except, well... he's not a man. He's the Devil. The real-life Devil.

Scary, right? But it turns out the Devil has a choice for Mika. But it's not an ordinary choice: Become Satan's bride and rule in Hell amongst the demons and lost souls, or marry Nick and remain in the world of humans. Forget love. This is a chance for the freshest start of all.

Brit McGinnis' intriguing supernatural romance
Romancing Brimstone upends everything you may have wondered about love, commitment, and the world beyond life and death. Mika's not your average runaway bride. She's ready for a change of scenery, and Satan himself may be the one to change her heart.
----------------------------------------------------
So we had a chance to sit down with Mika and have a brief chat.....here you....

1. Thanks for joining us! To start off, we have to say that you have quite an unusual name. Can you tell us more about it? I'm happy to be here! And yes, it's a Greek name that means "precious." I'm named after my aunt Big Mika, who passed away a little while ago.
2. We're so sorry to hear that. You originally came from San Francisco, yes? Yeah, it's my hometown.

3. What's been the best place you've lived so far? I stayed on the beach once, just sleeping right on the shore. I wasn't in a good place in my life, but being in such a beautiful place at that time was great. It was where I needed to be.
4. We've been told you're a big music fan. What's your favorite way to listen to music? Vinyl's awesome, of course. But I refuse to get rid of my CD collection. And finding actual cassette tapes makes me happy, because they're such a different sound.
5. And what band's on your tape deck now? I'm loving Scissor Sisters right now. But I recently bought a bunch of tapes and vinyl by The Offspring, which is awesome. I never thought I'd find them again.
6. It's so strange to hear about Satan's wife being into Scissor Sisters. What do you say to people who are surprised to learn that you're the queen of Hell? I say I'm just as surprised as them! I honestly didn't ever expect to have a role like this in my life. It didn't feel right for me to be here until some of my power actually started to kick in. When the world or humanity or whatever started giving me the power that came with being the queen of Hell, it felt much more natural.
7. Do you ever regret leaving behind your humanity? Sometimes, but I honestly can't think about that too often. I have no idea how my life would have turned out had I stayed. All I know is that it felt wrong to stay in my human life at that time.
8. Who do you love most? Big Mika, for sure. I love her and miss her every day.

9. What would you change most about yourself?
Wow, that's really personal. I wish I was more clear about what I wanted. Most of the time I just start with what I don't want and work from that.
10. So what's next for you? More traveling, hopefully! I'm trying to learn how to be in the moment more. I'll probably take on or make a job of my own. But for right now, traveling and bothering Satan are enough for me.

----------------------------------------------------


Author Bio
Brit McGinnis is an author based in Portland, Oregon. She writes supernatural romance and occasionally speculative fiction. In her previous life, she was an award-winning journalist and blogger. Her next book Smugglers is due out October 26th and is currently available for pre-order on Smashwords.


Links
Sign up for The Weekly Spooky newsletter: http://www.britmcginnis.com/the-weekly-spooky.html

No comments:

Post a Comment